Some days ago, a CFW was released to support unsigned .cia installing/loading, yes, that is the PASTA CFW. It is developed by capito27 and can work on both Old and New 3DS with tool Ninjhax. Compared to other Custom Firmwares for 3DS, the anti-piracy NTR CFW (both old and new 3DS), rxTools (old 3ds) and Govanify leaked CFW (old 3ds, 4.x firmwares), Pasta CFW is the first time you can install and boot unsigned .cia files with or without a flashcart for New 3DS. In addition, this CFW can boot DSiWare and GBA games which Gateway cannot.
Any R4i gold card support cia games for 3DS?
So, there is a question now, does any r4i gold card can work with PASTA CFW to support cia games? Either flashcart SKY3DS, Gateway, or game cartridge Cubic Ninja is more expensive than R4i gold cards($15-$17) like r4i gold 3ds, r4i gold eu and r4i gold pro 2015. If we only can use R4 flashcard to play cia games on 3DS/NEW 3DS, that woule be wonderful thing! However, until for now, it's not possible, r4i gold 3ds and other r4i gold cards still mainly support ds games and can't work with the current 3DS Exploits or Custrm Firmwares for cia files. In short, if you want to play cia gmes on 3DS System, there are 3 options for u: Gateway card, Sky3ds card or Cubic Ninjia game card.
For playing cia games, which flashcard to 3ds-linker?
- R4 3DS card: None, no support.
- Gateway 3DS: It can support cia files without CFW. Compatible with O3DS 4.1-4.5.
- Sky3ds: It can work with Pasta CFW to install cia games. Compatible with N3DS 9.0-9.2 and O3DS 4.1-4.5 / 8.0-8.1 / 9.0-9.2
If your R4 3DS card can't works on the new 3ds console. You may need upgrade your r4 card
Here i will use r4i gold 3ds as an example to help you how to solve the problem. Or you can just 3ds-linker r4i gold 3ds from us, it's the latest,theb you needn’t to update the card, it can directly work on the new 3ds console. Other r4 ones, you can use the similiar solution and just with their own different upgrade patches from official sites.The following is the detailed guide of r4i gold 3ds.
1. r4i gold 3ds
2. one micro sd card and one card reader
3. you need to use one console NDS, NDSL, DSi and 3DS whose firmware is lower than V9.7.0 is ok.
Step 1: Download the latest firmware and upgrade patches from the official site.
Newest Wood kernel
Latest Upgrade Patch
Step 2: Unzip and open it, you will get the following files.( Notice: there are 2 patch files ( One is for NDSi or 3DS ) and (One is for NDS ) , only select the correspond patch according to your NDS or NDSi and 3DS.)
Step 3: Format the micro sd card. Copy the correspond patch into the root of the SD card , not in any folder or directory.
Step 4: Insert the micro sd card into the r4i gold and then inerst them into your NDS or NDSi, 3DS console.
Step 5: Find the patch files and then press the button “A” to upgrade.
Step 6: After the process finished, you can take out the R4i 3ds card. Then you can enjoy the games on your new 3ds console.
Today,SKY3DS team released a updated news about sky3ds flashcartthat now Sky3DS works great with the Smea’s regionFOUR(05/05/2015) . Just as we knew, though for the time being,sky3ds was the only one cart to support 3ds roms on New 3DS,3DSXL,3DS,2DS V9.7,yet,it didnt support free game region. Just in order to fix this problem, regionFOUR was out.
regionFOUR is a region free loader for New3DS/New3DSXL/3DS/3DSXL/2DS which currently works on on firmware versions 9.2 and 9.7 this also allows you to bypass mandatory gamecard firmware updates. It currently requires that you own a copy of Cubic Ninja from your region in order to run.
and following is a details guide on how to run region Four
1.Go to the get regionFOUR from smealum.net/regionfour/ , section of this page and enter your console’s firmware version.
2. Hit submit;
3.you should get your very own regionFOUR QR code.
4. Make sure your 3DS’s wifi connection is enabled and connected to the internet (this is important!).
5. Start CUBIC NINJA on your console, choose “Create”, then “QR code”, and finally “Scan QR code”.
6. Scan the QR Code. This step might take a couple tries; make sure you fill up as much of your 3DS’s screen with the QR code. If scanning the QR code returns to menu with an error, try a few more times.
7. Follow the on screen instructions. You may choose not to install the exploit to your gamecard’s savedata.
8. Once regionFOUR is ready, you will be prompted to insert your out-of-region gamecard. Simply remove the Cubic Ninja gamecard, insert your gamecard and press START.
9. OPTIONAL – once the regionFOUR is installed to your gamecard, just go back to the “QR code” menu and it’ll run automatically!